a fudge that is made with only two ingredients: chocolate and ice cream!
it's important to use high-quality ice cream and chocolate. I'm telling you right now that if you use cheap vanilla ice cream and regular chocolate chips, you'll be disappointed in this fudge. But if you use a chocolate that you enjoy eating, and your favorite high-quality ice cream, you'll be amazed ! If you're feeling adventurous, I suggest you use a fun ice cream with mix-ins like fruit, nuts, or chunks of cookie dough or brownies.
1-1/2 lbs semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups ice cream, slightly thawed
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Take the ice cream out of the freezer to be thawing while you melt the chocolate.
2. Place the chopped chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until it is nearly melted. Stir after every 30-40 seconds to help it melt evenly and keep it from overheating.(or you can melt the chocolate in a double boiling method)
3. When the chocolate is nearly all melted, stop heating it and instead stir it until the remaining bits melt and everything is smooth.
4. The chocolate should be melted and warm, but not hot to the touch, and the ice cream should be melted and soft along the edges, but not liquefied. Add the ice cream to the chocolate and stir well.
5. In low flame,cook this mixture,stir well. The hard chocolate pieces should have melted and smoothened out.it takes at least 30 minutes At the end of the process, you should have a shiny, smooth liquid fudge.
6. Pour the fudge into the greased pan and smooth it into an even layer. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for at least 4 hours, or in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
7. When the fudge is completely set, remove it from the pan and use a large sharp knife to cut the fudge into small squares to serve.
8.Ice Cream Fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.