Fish - 2-3
Shallots or onion - 1 cup chopped
Green chillies - 2
Curry leaves - to taste
Garlic (chopped) - 1 tsp
Ginger (chopped) - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Coconut milk -half cup
Salt- to taste
tamarind - 10 g
Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
1. Marinate the cleaned and washed fish with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside.
2. Now grind the shallots(onion), green chillies, curry leaves, garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli powder to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and garnish the paste prepared above on a low flame for about a minute, stirring continuously.
4. Add half cup of water followed by the salt and then the tamarind.
5. Now it's time for the fish to go in.
6. Cook on a low flame and when the gravy thickens, add the coconut milk and remove from burner. Do not allow the coconut milk to boil.
Your fish is ready to serve! Try cooking the same in an earthen cooking pot for a more traditional touch and tastier dish! You may use other fish to prepare the same dish