Friday, February 17, 2012

BROWN BREAD


I love baking my own bread and I recommend it to all of you. Today I am sharing my basic super simple brown bread recipe. If you search for a bread recipe online you will have a million results. So many variations, instructions, ingredients and opinions can be overwhelming for a first time bread baker. So I am trying to simplify it in my own way.I am sharing  this recipe and trust me when I say that it’s very easy.
BROWN  BREAD  RECIPE
Ingredients:
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 tbsp  sugar
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp  sugar
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup warm water

 Place warm water in a bowl. Add 1 tsp sugar and stir well. Now add the yeast to the sugar water and let it rest. Don’t touch or stir. Just let it sit!Place wheat flour, all purpose flour,  sugar and salt in a plastic container and combine well.Now check on your yeast and it should be frothy on top. When your yeast is nice and frothy stir it well and pour it into the plastic container with the flour mixture. Add another ½ cup of warm water and ¼ cup of olive oil to it and mix well with a spoon. Make sure it’s all combined well. Close the lid and let it sit in a warm place for a couple of hours till it doubles.  The waiting period depends fully on the weather. It might take more/less time so be patient!When it has doubled in size mix it once again with a spoon. Dough will be soft and sticky.  Scoop the dough into a loaf pan brushed with olive oil. Cover it with a wet cloth and let it rise once again. This will take another couple of hours.Preheat the oven and bake the loaf for 45-60 minutes at 160 degree C. Bread is ready when it’s golden on top and sounds hollow when tapped.this recipe is going tohttp://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Homemade bread is always welcome in this house. This particular recipe does look amazing. The mix of white to wheat flour was a perfect ratio, judging by the fluffy light texture of your bread slices. Thanks for sharing this recipe-yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome tina..dis one is really tasty..my family loved very much!

      Delete
  2. waooo. homemade bread??? i must try it. visiting your blog first time.and loving it.
    i invite you to visit my blog.
    www.craft360.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete